Gene Bernshtam: 5 Best Apartment Buildings in Chicago
For Gene Bernshtam, there’s no place like home in Chicago. He is excited about the real estate market’s continued recovery, as evidenced by new apartment towers delivering thousands of new units every year. Today, Eugene Bernshtam wraps up the best apartment buildings one’s money can get in the Windy City:
1. 73 East Lake – 73 East Lake in the Eastern Loop has apartment units ranging from $2300 to $2900. For that kind of money, Gene Bernshtam lists down the amenities one can get: an outdoor roof deck with fire pits and cabanas, an indoor pool with a waterfall, a yoga studio, and steam room and sauna. Dog owners will also enjoy the building’s indoor dog run.
2. OneEleven – Another popular apartment in The Loop is OneEleven. This luxury apartment caught the eye of Eugene Bernshtam because of its multi-level outdoor rooftop or deck space. Notably, OneEleven was designed by Kara Mann, a famous interior designer in Chicago. Apartment units at OneEleven are in the $2500+ range.
3. MILA – Michigan and Lake has one of the more expensive apartment units in The Loop, fetching as high as $4,900 a month. Gene Bernshtam points out that these are the units that come with a balcony. As for amenities, MILA has a rooftop pool and sundeck, as well as a pet salon and grooming station.
4. Arkadia Tower – On the west side of The Loop is Arkadia Tower which offers studios, one- and two-bedroom apartments. When it comes to value for money, Eugene Bernshtam shares that you can’t beat the studios at Arkadia, as they go as low as $2,800 per month. This apartment building is packed with amenities, such as a game room and technology lounge.
5. JeffJack Apartments – Located at the intersection of Jefferson Street and Jackson Boulevard, JeffJack Apartments is home to some of the hippest apartments in the city. Featuring a green design, JeffJack has a landscaped rooftop eco-garden and deck that’s perfect for those weekend walks.